withSimplicity | Updated July 5, 2023
Easy DIY Cucumber & Green Tea Under Eye Masks
While we're spending more time at home, we're all about easy, fun, and skin-beneficial DIYs. Whether you have under eye bags or not, these super simple under eye masks are great for soothing the delicate under eye skin, reducing puffiness, and bringing life back to your skin!
Now, you may have seen other natural skincare DIYs very similar to this one; however, we added a special ingredient, Aloe Vera, to the mixture that takes these little eye slices to the next level.
Ingredients + Materials Needed for your Cucumber Under Eye Masks
Most of these ingredient you can find laying around your house. However, if you don't have them at hand, they are super inexpensive and can be used for other recipes and purposes. Make sure to keep the cucumber and aloe in the fridge so they're nice and fresh.
• 1/2 sliced Cucumber. Leave on the skin.
• 1/2 cup of Organic Green Tea
• 2 Tbs. fresh cut aloe. Remove the skin.
• Pack of organic cotton rounds
• Baggies (or anything to store them in the freezer)
FYI: This made 34 pairs of eye masks, so feel free to cut this recipe in half!
How to Make your DIY Cucumber Under Eye Masks
Step 1: Prepare all ingredients.
• Slice the Cucumber, leaving on the skin.
• Cut desired amount of Aloe into slices and remove the skin so you're left with the "jelly insides"
• Brew Organic Green Tea. Feel free to leave the tea leaves in it - your skin will thank you!
• Cut cotton rounds into half circles. As you start to make the mask, you will know how many you will need.
Step 2: Blend cucumbers, aloe, and green tea into a smoothie consistency.
Step3 : Dip cotton rounds 1-by-1 into the mixture. Press out any extra liquid while still maintaining the half circle shape. Place on a cookie sheet or parchment paper.
Step 4: Put 4-8 under eye patches into a freezer-safe baggie or container. Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours. Take out and use as needed!*
Application: Place under the eyes and leave on for about 12-15 minutes.
*Keep in the freezer until use. Keeping the patches frozen will ward off any harmful bacteria or microbes. Use them only once and then throw them away!
What are the Benefits of Cucumer Eye Masks?
Who knew something so simple could be extremely beneficial for the skin. The main purpose of these natural DIY eye masks is to moisturize; however, you'll be getting some added benefits that your skin will love.
Green Tea: Green Tea Extract, has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps reduce the appearance of aging, cellulite, redness and swelling, and the occurrence of blackheads, blemishes, puffiness, and dark circles.
Aloe: The benefits of Aloe Vera... where to even begin! We all know it's great for soothing that painful sunburn, but it also fights acne, treats cold sores, moisturizes, exfoliates, and even helps to prevent and fade dark spots. It's super soothing for the skin and leaves you feeling refreshed.
Cucumber: Now there aren’t any actually scientific studies about how cucumbers placed on the eye directly benefit the skin, but these watery fruits are filled with a lot of vitamins and nutrients (and there’s a lot of studies on these!):
• Rich in Vitamin C & Folic Acid. Vitamin C helps to stimulate new skin cell growth and Folic Acid boosts antioxidants on your skin to ward off environmentals that can cause puffiness or tired looking skin.
• According to a study in the Archives of Dermatological Research, cucumbers contain a high level of ascorbic acid; therefore proving that cucumbers are very potent in improving skin elasticity, meaning they could be a potential anti-wrinkle agent.
• We also have to mention that they are full of water, so the skin around the eye will definitely be hydrated!
BONUS STEP: Add extra moisture. Once you're finished using the eye patches, it's a good idea to moisturize the skin and replenish the protective barrier. We highly recommend our Under Eye Elixir. Infused with Frankincense, Myrrh, Geranium and Rosemary oils, our Under Eye Elixir reduces the appearance of dark circles, wrinkles and moisturize the eye area.